An Enjoyable, Effortless Renovation Process Starts Here
So, you want to redo your kitchen or bathroom but you don’t know where to start? First, make an appointment with one of Harwood Kitchens’ talented designers in Peterborough! We are here to make this process as enjoyable and effortless as possible for you, but there are a few things we recommend before you come in and see us.
Here are some helpful renovation planning tips for you to consider:
- Do a sketch of your room with the measurements of your walls, windows and doors, as well as your ceiling height. Don’t worry if your measurements are not to the 1/16”. We will come out to make sure that everything is going to fit perfectly for you before we order anything!
- What is your budget? We design beautiful and functional kitchens in ALL price ranges. Knowing your budget when it comes to finishes, door styles and countertop choices will help us steer you in the right direction when it comes to working with our trusted suppliers.
- Know what you like – save magazine pictures or links to your favourite design websites. You can also view our gallery to get a better idea of your preferences.
- Have your appliance information handy. Even if you are buying new appliances and have not purchased them yet, this will give us a better idea of what you are looking for in appliances and style.
- Assess how your kitchen needs to function for you. Are there two cooks in the family? We can design multiple preparation areas. Do you have a large family and need to have space for everyone to sit together, possibly at an island or an eating bar? We can help you with all of your custom kitchen design needs!
- Now that you know what you need to make your kitchen functional for you, make your “wish list.” What do you want in your kitchen? An island with seating? A decorative wine storage cabinet? Doors or a preparation sink? We want you to have the kitchen of your dreams, and we will do our best to accommodate all of your wishes into the final design.
- Do not hesitate to call us at any time during your renovation planning process. We are here to help with our many years of experience!